sekmadienis, kovo 06, 2005

How's That Go Again?





Subject: I really can't say for sure, what the subject is, that is, or isn't , do I really need one?

I don't know how it happened. The search parameters I'd set should have filtered you out. There you were on my headlines
page and I was mysteriously drawn to you. I wanted to skip over you (Massachusetts is too far, who ever heard of Noho anyway, probably some Poedunk mass of whoosits) but instead I impulsively, nervously, heedlessly, clicked. New screen. I read the first two words of your profile (think blond - an oxymoron, to be sure) and said to myself, "oh no, what have I done!" Then I noticed how high you weren't (please don't get me wrong, I have nothing but compassion for all my fellow beings, not the least of which those who are challenged of stature, indeed, some of my best friends are wee people). But I had already set the bar at 63-1/16", as the minimum acceptable height for the position of life partner. While this may seem as small change to you,
Josieso(what?), know me to be a man of principles.

Panic was setting in, I was becoming terrified. I wanted so to run, but I was suddenly paralyzed, and my eyes, as if with a life of their own, dove into your prose: Trust ... authentic ... honest ... on ALL levels ... intense levels of adversity ... life's ridiculous whimsy ... cosmic jokes ... belief in karma ... urgent sense of enjoyment ... a life shared ... and then I found myself still and silent, feeling grateful for having been graced with the pure and simple pleasure of being with you on this page.

By now, it was clear to me that I already had a bond with you that transcended time and space, and here I was, loving you for it, from afar. Thank you. I think you're pretty amazing.

And now on to your questions.

When am I coming over?
I'm pretty flexible right now, and I expect to have alot of free time between now and the new year. A formal invitation would be nice. It doesn't need to be on a silver platter, but something between that and a rhetorical question on a web page would make this boy feel at least somewhat valued and respected.

Favorite Location?
This place I've been since falling through the looking glass of your profile page. Seriously, Josie, your picture, the lines, between the lines, the photo album; all reek of welcome and joy. Thank you for being the way that you are, I'm certain you bring happiness to many people.

Do I enjoy legal pyro activities?
Yes, very much so. I burn incense regularly. I fired an employee last month. The reason I joined match.com was to play with my matches (I suspect the same is true for you). Tell me, what is a chiminea? I looked for one in my dictionary but there were none there. Where did you find yours? Home Depot? Lastly, I just gotta know, Josie, might you consider my setting your buns on fire a legal pyro activity? (Please say yes.)

Favorite Reads?
Trick question, right? I know how you're a fan of Donna, but I really liked her TV daughter (what a hottie!) whose first name I've forgotten, much better. Then there's Lou. Saxophone. Oboe, a double volume edition. Thinnaz A.

Its been real nice talking at you, Josie. I really enjoyed myself. You talk back now. Real soon. You hear?

Your own and only,
Lucky Pete

Komentarų nėra: